Monday, January 2, 2012

Who Shops at the Market?

There are all kinds of people from all walks of life who shop at the Market. Through the years I’ve identified four types of customers.  On any given day you may relate to one of these shoppers. Today I want to introduce to you, Wandering Wanda.

Wanda heads on out to the Market on those lazy days when she really has nothing else to do. After having lunch at one of the Market's restaurants, Wanda casually strolls around, just looking. When she spots an unfamiliar vegetable, she wonders, What is that?  How does it taste? What other foods go well with it? I'd buy it and cook it, but I don't know how. How can I use it in one of my meals? Wanda's mind is a frenzy of questions. So many that she quickly becomes both fascinated and overwhelmed. She never imagined so many foods grew here in NC. The options are great. How will she ever choose?

Unfortunately, Wandering Wanda is the shopper who often goes home empty handed. Occasionally, she’ll purchase one new item intent on giving it a try. But more often than not, she'll buy something that is familiar, a food that she has already tasted, one that she knows how to prepare, or better yet, one that can be washed and eaten as is. Can Wanda step out of her comfort zone? Does she even want to? Only Wanda can answer.

Tomorrow, I'll introduce my friend, Cindy Cooks-A-Lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nicholas Has Struck Again