Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Eve Dinner

This year's Christmas Eve dinner was the best ever! The veggie was zucchini with onions, and one of my daughters put in a late request for corn on the cob. Our dessert was a homemade version of Chili's chocolate molten cake, courtesy of my husband. Sooooo good!

As I plan the New Year's day meal, I'm thinking how blessed we are to have access to fresh, locally grown winter veggies. Rutabagas, turnip roots, onions, butternut squash, radishes, greens. Mmmmm. They will go well with a slow-cooked roast. What are you cooking for New Year's Day?

2 comments:

  1. For as long as I can remember, our family has cooked "Hoppin' John" for New Year's Day to bring good luck for the new year. It's basically rice, onions, & blackeyed peas. Since I've moved away, I still carry on the tradition but have altered it for my own tastes. I still have the rice, onions, & blackeyed peas, but to that I add sausage, celery, green peppers, and garlic powder. It's awesome! (and it brings good luck, too...)

    ReplyDelete

Nicholas Has Struck Again