Saturday, October 2, 2010

Subtle Change 9

This week's challenge - try something new! It's so easy to fall into a rut, especially with our meal planning. We eat the same foods over and over, day in and day out. While I think it's a great idea to have a designated night for certain meals (like Friday night can be pizza night each week) it's also a great idea to spice things up a bit and surprise the family at least one night a week with a new dish. Put aside your fear and break out the recipe books. What have you got to lose? You'll either not like it and lose the few dollars and time you spent to prepare it, OR you may just discover a delicious new dish to serve your family.

Last week I tried butternut squash for the first time. I know...it's a little hard to believe that a farmer's daughter never had eaten butternut squash in all her 27 years (ha!). Not only that, but I don't remember having ever seen the inside of a butternut squash. So, I found this recipe online that I doctored a bit to make it my own and it was really good! I will definitely cook it again, and will post the recipe tomorrow.

In the meatime take a look here at the pic of the butternut after I cut it. Be warned! It's not easy to cut. I had to get out the big knife! If only this blog was "scratch and sniff". I can't even find the words to describe the great smell and color. Who knew?

If you accept my challenge for Subtle Change 9, comment and let me know how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nicholas Has Struck Again