Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Red Pepper Follow Up

Well, I haven't had my stir fry, but I did dice some of the red pepper and added it to a salad. It IS sweet and has less of that "peppery-pepper" taste of green pepper. Delicious!

I've also taken-a-liking-to fried okra. (A true southerner will love anything fried.) Seriously, though, while I like the smell of okra, the texture has always been a bit too slimy for my taste. But I decided to give it another try and, lo and behold, after sitting in corn meal batter for about 15 minutes, and being fried to a golden brown, those little bits have become a new favorite.

I challenge you to try a new vegetable this week. I've heard it said (don't know how true it is, but I believe it) that your taste buds change about every 7 years. So, something that you might not have liked as a child you may enjoy now. Take a trip to the market and pick out something fresh and new, dig around on the internet (or my blog) for an easy recipe, and give it a try. Leave comments about your experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nicholas Has Struck Again