Saturday, February 11, 2012

Organic vs. Conventional

Organic seems to be the buzzword for today. People often ask, "Do you sell organic?" I want to ask back, "What do you mean when you say organic? What does that word mean to you?" Because to different people organic can mean different things. Oftentimes organic standards will vary from state to state, and definitely from country to country.

A much better question to ask your local farmer is, "What are your farming practices?" You might be surprised to discover that many farms, Wise Farms included, are practicing ways of producing food that equal or even exceed organic farming practices. But to be on the same page of understanding, you must be specific in your questions, and in your answers.

This week I'm going to sit down and interview "The Farmer", Mr. Gary Wise himself, and share with my readers some of the things he's doing on the farm and his reasoning behind it. Also, I'll be comparing and contrasting organic vs. conventional. You might be surprised, as I have been, with much of my research.

So, ya'll come back now, hear?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nicholas Has Struck Again